Wednesday 19 September 2012

I wanna hold your hand...

I'm not 17 anymore...in fact I'm not even 40 anymore, but sometimes I still feel like I'm 17.  Like right now. Totes.  It's because I have a crush on a boy.  Okay - scratch that. I have a crush on a man.  A manly man.  A straight shooting, ambitious, strong, emotional, private, caring man. Having a crush on someone must be the most wonderfully torturous feeling in the world.  It's hard to think straight when you're deep in crush.  Especially if you happen to be around your crush.

Every look they shoot you, every word they say, every twist of the shoulder, every hand movement becomes significant (well if you're a woman at least!)

I think having a crush is the best feeling in the world.  It's full of potential.  No reality has set in, every flaw is endearing and life has promise.

Some people (eg my wolf pack) are quite frankly, sick to death of hearing about my crush.  One has even gone so far as to say that until I f*ck my crush they don't want to hear his name mentioned ever again. (Should I be crass?  Yeah, why not... I'd like to "oblige" my friend in this instance LOL winky emoticon).

The only problem with having a crush is not being able to act on it.  Yes, there are various reasons why I can't just say "Hey this is crazy but here's my number so call me maybe".  One of those reasons is that's a Carly Rae Jepsen song that's super annoying on the radio at the moment.  The other reasons...well that's for me to know!

So at the moment, I can honestly say that my life is pretty fantastic at the moment.  Potential and promise, dreams and fantasy are keeping me warm at night (along with Fifty Shades of Grey - yeah I know, tragic but I'm single so cut me some slack!)

So until my crush magically figures out that we would make an awesome couple, fictional characters and some late night daydreams will have to suffice (it's okay if some of them are about Matt LeNevez, right?)

But funnily enough all of the late night daydreams start with simply, just wanting to hold his hand.  The good ones don't end there.

Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment